During the CoVid-19 Pandemic, Mike and I did some mooch-docking at my brother, Scott’s house and our good friends (that became family), Keith and Susan’s home. Mooch-docking is staying in a friend’s or family member’s driveway or on their property for a period of time. At my brother’s we had water and house electric (15 AMP) and able to dump our tanks. At Keith and Susan’s we had 30 AMP electric, water and able to dump tanks as needed.
Here are a few tips to help coexist and hopefully get invited again to stay…
1. Help out. Watch the kids while they work or when needed. Help build a garden or greenhouse or hunting / tree stand. Mow the lawn.
2. Chip in. Chip in for groceries or make dinners.
3. Work laundry and shower times around your host schedule.
4. Offer to leave some money for the utility bills.
5. Give each other space. Know that your host and you need space sometimes. You don’t have to spend all your time together.
6. Buy a dinner or breakfast for everyone.
7. Don’t stay to long, maybe 2 – 3 weeks. Know your host limit and yours.
What other tips do you have? Leave them in the comments below.
Thank you and God bless.