- Pick a location
- Contact the camping park management or owner and discuss time frame, facilities, etc.
- Pick a weekend (Friday – Sunday) that is slow for the campground, they might give you a group discount
- Post it on Facebook, forums, the RV Manufacture’s website, etc.
- Contact the RV Manufacture for handouts or giveaways and a dealer in your area to work with
- Contact the local dealer for giveaways, handouts and maybe a service tech to take care of small issues or someone for the round table discussions
- Ask for volunteers/help for registration and organizing a pot luck dinner
Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Start / Organizing a Rally
Wish you had an RV rally close to you? Start one and they will come. Want to know how?
Mike and I were wagon masters for the WNY / CNY Grand Design RV Rally for 2018 and 2019 and here is how we started.
It really is not that hard. Our first rally started with me and 3 other ladies (Amy, Theresa and Wendy) discussing a “get together”, we posted it and others came. By the day of the rally we had 24 units/camp sites booked. The second year, we had 48.
Keep it simple. Registration, welcome fire, maybe a craft time, show and tell (everyone loves that), round table discussions, pot luck, goodbye breakfast, etc.
Good luck. If you have any questions, post them below.